Protecting The Grandparents/Grandchild Relationship

Families don't always go according to plan. Parents get divorced. One parent may die or have legal or serious health problems. The family unit that once provided shelter and security for a minor child can longer do so, and it falls to a grandparent or other family member to step in.

If you are a grandparent seeking to become the temporary or permanent guardian of a child, or to adopt the child, call family lawyer Michael Splivalo in Fresno at 866-425-4971. We serve clients in the Central Valley communities of Fresno, Madera, Sanger, Reedley, Visalia and Clovis.

We can also help you to establish visitation rights so that you can continue to have a relationship with your grandson or granddaughter.

Grandchild Custody Lawyer

Attorney Mike Splivalo has years of experience in family law, assisting families with divorce, child custody, visitation and grandparents' rights. A former teacher, Mike is known by other lawyers for his knowledge of the intricacies of California family law, and for his assertive style in the courtroom. To clients, he is known for his impressive communications skills. He knows that nothing is more important to you than the safety and welfare of your grandchild.

Many grandparents and other family members "fill in" informally when the child's parent or parent run into trouble, assuming that the law is on their side. They are naturally shocked when the courts, investigating charges of negligence, overlook the grandparent's contributions and remand the children to foster homes.

Our firm can help by making this informal agreement formal and legal. To learn more, call Fresno grandparents' rights lawyer Michael Splivalo in Fresno at 866-425-4971.